Is Laser Eye Surgery Right for You?
Have you wondered if laser eye surgery is right for you? We know our patients want to continue seeing the eye doctors at our Oakville eye care centre even though we don’t directly perform laser eye surgery, so we offer consulting to help you find out if you are an optimal candidate.
“Laser eye surgery is a big decision, so turn to our optometrists to make a great choice!”
We refer our patients to LASIK laser eye surgery centres we trust.
Our optometrist will perform pre-operative and post-operative laser eye surgery consults to ensure the best possible results. After care is important to ensure a smooth healing process, and optimal vision for years to come.
It’s always wise to have a second opinion, so if you’ve been considering laser eye surgery schedule an appointment with our optometrist to find out if LASIK is right for you.
Advantages of LASIK eye surgery:
- It has a very high rate of success, which means you likely can do away with your contacts or eyeglasses!
- Recovery time is short, and pain associated with the procedure is minimal
- It’s fast. Meaning you can expect improved vision almost instantly – typically same or next day.
- If the initial surgery provides less than optimal results, LASIK surgery can be performed again to correct your vision further.
Considerations and risks:
- Your best vision is achieved by wearing your properly prescribed contacts or eyeglasses.
- As early as one year after surgery, your vision may start to deteriorate slightly (or more precisely, you cannot maintain your best vision as you do with eyeglasses or contacts indefinitely by altering prescriptions).
- Once LASIK surgery is performed, alternations to the cornea are irreversible. That means corrective measures require further surgery.
- As with any surgery, there are always risks. A poorly performed surgery or one in which there were complications may result in an adverse outcome.
Let the optometrists at Envision Eye Care help you decide what’s best for you!